Have an Idea?
If you have a good idea and want it to be implemented by DevSlide Labs, get in touch with us!
What It’s For
You may download the script for use on your server or you can just load the script from our servers. We created a generator form which will help you quickly configure the script and modify the message to better match your user base.
- Easy to install, clean, light script
- Ability to detect browser and operating system
- Fully customizable, or choose from variety of messages
- Nicely styled light box message
A Little History
If you ask anyone who works with XHTML/CSS what they hate most, the answer is always: “I hate IE 6 and Starbuck’s coffee”. Well, we can’t help you with coffee, but we can with the IE6 problem.
We made a tiny (but effective) JS script which detects if an old browser is being used and shows a nice looking, friendly message to the user asking them to upgrade their browser to a more modern browser. It provides the user with links to the official download sites for the most recent versions of several popular browsers. The links open in another window and there is also an option for the user to skip the message and elect to be reminded later or never show the message again.
As for the coffee problem, here is a $13k solution (not a promotion, just a solid solution to crappy coffee) :)
Shot-Down Names ~Sorta’ — (suggest a better name)
- I hate IE6
- Browser Detective
- No old browsers allowed
- Browser Upgrade Notification
- Browser Detection (current choice)
- Browser Breakthrough
- Smart Browser Detection (or Detector)
- Smart Browser Notice (or Notifier)
- Friendly Browser Detection (or Detector)
- Friendly Browser Notice (or Notifier)
- Smart Browser Informer
- Friendly Browser Informer
- Ugg… old browsers
- A solid hatred of hand coding markup for IE6 compatibility
Have a good idea?
While we've been making apps, scripts and programs for a long time, our labs area is new. So, help us grow it! - It's easy. If you have an idea, need a tool or whatever, just tell us about it, and it might end up in the labs area. :)
Our labs area is for sharing and developing new ideas, which may or may not end up as products. If you have a proprietary project and are looking for a development team, checkout MW7!