Have an Idea?
If you have a good idea and want it to be implemented by DevSlide Labs, get in touch with us!
DBX to CSV Extractor
What It’s For
DBX to CSV Extractor is a tool developed for MS Windows which lets you extract email addresses from Outlook Express (OE) DBX files. The extractor tool allows you to select multiple DBX files and avoids duplication of email addresses in the resulting CSV or TXT file.
- Extract email addresses from Outlook Express DBX files.
- Tool will crawl all text associated with the email and extract email addresses from any location.
- Extract emails from all fields (To, From, CC, Body, Return Path, etc.).
- Removes duplicate email addresses from results file.
- Export mails to CSV or TXT file. Easily manage mails in XLS or other spreadsheet tool.
- Free and clean of the junk from the other apps you probably tested.
A Little History
The request for this email extractor tool came from the marketing department at MediaWorks 7. In the past, many team members used MS Outlook Express to communicate with clients. When the time came to upgrade to a new centralized CRM tool, the marketing guys required all emails to be exported so that leads and clients could be separated and compared to existing email and client lists. The email addresses needed to be easily exported from Outlook Express DBX files into a CSV, TXT or XSL file to be imported into the new system.
A quick search revealed many apps that will extract emails from DBX files, but there were problems — none were free (or reasonably priced for what the app should do) and none would extract emails from the message body. So, we created the DBX to CSV extractor tool and moved it to the DevSlide Labs. We have found that sharing the tool has lead to many new ideas to improve the extractor tool and found that many companies and individual were actually looking for the same functionality as we needed. So, if you’ve read this far, you are probably one of them. We hope it is useful for you, and ask that you please help us make it better!
Shot-Down Names ~Sorta’ — (suggest a better name)
- DBX to CSV Extractor (current choice)
- OE Email Crawler
- DBX Extractor
- DBX Email Extractor
- Need My Damn Emails from OE
- Outlook Express Email Extractor
- DBX Extraction Tool
- Email Extraction Tool
- AddressMeUp (suggested by slarty80)
Future Ideas & Features
Since implementing the DBX Extractor for MW7 and sharing it here in DS Labs, we have received numerous excellent requests from both users and staff. We have listed a few below. If you would like to suggest a feature, just talk to us!
- Allow multiple DBX files to be selected for extraction (complete – present in current version)
- Prevent duplication of email addresses for DBX files (complete – present in current version)
- Extract emails from Outlook PST files
- Export emails to txt file, not just CSV file (complete – present in current version)
- Extract emails from Thunderbird
- Extract emails from Windows Live Mail
- Extract emails from The Bat! email file
- C# / .NET Framework 2
- Coffee, and lots of it
Operating System: MS Windows XP / Vista / 7
.NET Version: 2 or higher (If .NET framework is not available, setup wizard will prompt for installation.)
RAM: 512+ Mbytes
Have a good idea?
While we've been making apps, scripts and programs for a long time, our labs area is new. So, help us grow it! - It's easy. If you have an idea, need a tool or whatever, just tell us about it, and it might end up in the labs area. :)
Our labs area is for sharing and developing new ideas, which may or may not end up as products. If you have a proprietary project and are looking for a development team, checkout MW7!