SlideUI Mobile Controls - The Finger Friendly .NET UI Frameworkfor Creating Professional Looking Mobile Applications
Have a Question? Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions
- What versions of .NET Compact Framework does SlideUI support?
- SlideUI Mobile Controls supports both .NET Compact Framework version 2.0 and 3.5. The installation wizard will automatically install all of the controls for the proper version of your framework. Once you drop a control into your form, Visual Studio will automatically set a reference to SlideUI dll.
- Will SlideUI controls require a lot of coding?
- Not at all! You will not need to add any additional code to your forms for SlideUI controls appear. You just drop a control into your form and write the code for its logic (i.e. button click, etc.).
- Will SlideUI controls be available in design-time?
- Yes. All controls are available from the Visual Studio toolbox in design-time. This was one of our major goals when creating SlideUI controls. Unlike most other frameworks, SlideUI controls can be used without any additional programming.
- Why do controls look different in design-time versus run-time?
- SlideUI uses P/Invoke to render gradients and shadows, such methods are available only on mobile devices. This is why we use a simpler drawing method for design-time and enhanced methods for run-time.
- What versions of Visual Studio are supported?
- SlideUI can be used in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010.
- What versions of Windows Mobile are supported?
- This depends on which .NET Compact Framework is utilized in your application. If you use .NET CF 2.0, the SlideUI controls will work on most devices starting from WM 6.0 and will not require any additional software to be installed on the device. If you use .NET CF 3.5, the application will work on WM 6.5 but will require .NET Compact Framework 3.5 to be installed if you use WM 6.0 or 6.1.
- Which programming languages can I use to develop applications with SlideUI?
- You can use C# and Visual Basic, and C++ .NET SlideUI Mobile Controls in your projects.
- Does DevSlide provide student discounts?
- Yes, we do provide student and education discount pricing. You may check your institutionÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s preferred software vendor for our products, or contact us directly to receive student discount pricing information. Note that certain requirements are necessary to receive student and education pricing.